Strangely Shaped Girl

Transforming body, mind & soul, one tiny metamorphosis at a time.

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Seeking Relationships

I've been thinking a lot about relationships lately. Specifically, I've been thinking about what I bring to the table, and why I have a hard time selling myself to potential partners.

I've been blessed to have some really meaningful relationships in my short life. And I think they've bene formative, too. I've learned a lot about how I behave in a partnership with another human being. All in all, I think I make a pretty good S/O.

I am kind and caring. I am compassionate. I am generous. I am passionate. I am faithful. I am honest. I am supportive. I'm a very good lover (and honestly, I probably wouldn't be if I were catwalk material and all I had to bring to the bed were my looks). I'm attentive. I listen well. I give good feedback. I love to experiment. I am adventurous when able so to be. I am open-minded. I am willing to compromise. I appreciate little things. I like to rise to a challenge.

So if I bring all of those qualities (and more) with me to a relationship, a sort of personality dowry, why has it always been so hard for me to be confident about seeking and securing a partner? I read through personals adverts and a lot of men are looking for the sort of things I have to offer.

I am getting better, though. A little bit every day. I can't take all the credit for my development, though. I have friends who do a great job at boosting my ego!

2 Comments:

  • At July 20, 2004 at 3:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You sound nothing short of perfect ;-)
    xxx

     
  • At July 20, 2004 at 10:51 AM, Blogger ~ Mari said…

    I have a really hard time accepting compliments, especially since I think Preston (my husband) is perfectly biased and doesn't really *see me*. He goes on and about how great and wonderful I am, how beautiful I am, how great my body is, and so on and on ... I look in the mirror, and all I see is a short, plain, fat person.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home